Holiday rentals and properties for sale
on the Northern Sporades Greek island of Skyros
(For all available holiday rentals please go to the main Accommodation page HERE
Villa Maria is a white sugar cube house on the Greek Island of Skyros in the Northern Sporades Islands... which is made up of
Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos and Skyros is the furthermost island. The house is situated in Skyros main village on the side
of a mountain, just off the main high street and on the way to the main beaches of Molos and Magazia.
The property consists of a lounge/dining room with high ceiling, steps up to a sleeping platform, separate double bedroom, fully
equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge and cooker and shower room with bidet. The basement has a washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
The top roof terrace is railed and tiled and has a wonderful view of the valley, mountains and sea in the distance.
The middle terrace has a table and chairs for al fresco eating, and the bottom terrace is ideal for taking your coffee and tea.
There is a large fully enclosed garden with flowers, trees, lemons, oranges, pomegranates, figs and much more.
There are lovely views from the garden and terraces. Internet connection and satellite TV, plus air conditioning and heating depending on
when you visit.
Prices on application according to occupation and time of year.
Contact us to reserve.
Villa Steffi is a 2 storey traditional Skyrian House, situated on the edge of the village, with a ten minute walk to the beaches of Molos and Magazia.
It is about a 5 minute walk to the main part of the Chora or Village centre.
The property comprises double bed mattress upstairs and door leading out
to enclosed roof terrace, fully tiled - views to the sea in the distance. Downstairs, there is a small lounge with sofa bed, kitchenette, fridge, hob and equipped to UK standards with kettle, ironing board, iron, toaster etc. There is a shower room. Outside front is a patio area, enclosed and ideal for eating outside.
Contact us to reserve.
Please go to HOLIDAY RENTALS to see a further selection of what we have available.
Skyros Stray Cats
REASONS TO VISIT SKYROS ISLAND IN THE NORTHERN SPORADES
- Picturesque hills and mountains for nature lovers and climbers
- Deep shaded pine forests for excursions and hiking
- Good size bays, ideal for sailing, snorkelling
- Isolated rocky coasts suitable for fishing
- Sandy beaches, safe for children. Some pebble beaches
- Traditional tavernas for original Greek cuisine and fish
- Sailing and fishing trips
- Discrete night life
- Folklore and archeological museums
- Palamari....a village discovered dating back....to the Bronze Age.
- Skyrian honey and sweets
- Skyrian pottery, Embroidery, and traditional crafts
- Many chapels
- There are 53 known beaches and 26 accessible by car
- Rupert Brooke (the English Poet) is buried on Skyros... visit his grave
- Skyrian ponies....wild and in sanctuary,
unique to this island
- Wildlife, birds, lizards, plant species
- 2 holistic centres
- Commercial airport within Military airport
- Linaria...the Port of Skyros...ferry comes from Kymi on Evia
- Flights on Aegean Athens /Skyros 35 minutes. Flights from Thessoloniki on Sky Express.gr and in the Summer months Aegean from Skiathos
- Byzantine churches
- Ancient monastery
- Car and scooter hire... even bicycles
- Traditional Chora with cobbled streets and sugar cube style houses
- Census population 3,000 inhabitants, but more in Summer months
- Highest mountain...Olympus 903M
- The Chora is one of the most beautiful villages of the Aegean... the site with narrow and steep, cobbled streets and staircases is reminiscent of a Cycladic village. Cone shaped rock terraces built so that only delivery vehicles can drive inside the village.
- The ancient Acropolis... the Kastro.. .is a castle like fortress... originally built in Byzantine times after the destruction of the 14C.
In 2001 the Monastery was partially destroyed by an earthquake, but it is now being restored & it is almost finished..
- 208 square km, the island of Skyros is 25 nautical miles East of Evia Island.
The LIST IS ENDLESS
A friendly island with endless possibilities, but unspoilt by mass tourism and commercialism.